Sunday, August 26, 2012

The "Art Park"

When my nephew Cole was a little boy (about 2) he LOVED Laumier Sculpture Park and lovingly referred to it as the "Art Park" in a way only a toddler can.  Ever since, it's been called the "art park" inside our family and a few weeks ago, the kids and I went for the first time in years.

We went with good friends who have never been - and with all the changes they have made since I've been - it was like experiencing the park with new eyes.  I have loving memories of this park; in college I came during my photography class and took beautiful pictures of my niece and nephew.  I love how a place can give you so many memories and feelings - especially when they are all good. 




Sculptures have been moved and new ones installed...but the oldies are still in place. 


There was a new exhibit in the park - and the one we saw and climbed in resembled an acorn/tent hanging from a tree.  I was so proud of the girls - they both braved the ladder and climbed up and played inside!

It rained a few days before we went; and there was a sneaky mud puddle lurking around the corner!

To end the day, we made a "fairy flower line" for the Art Park Faeries - a little bit of park magic.




No comments: