Today was Open House for Pre-Schoolers and Kindergartners. How is it possible Norah and Bella fall into these classrooms already? Wasn't it just yesterday I brought Norah home from the hospital and soon after - Bella? I remember with the heady mix of post-pardum emotions, crying to Brian while holding our sweet smelling newborn in my arms and saying..."but soon they will go to school". How right I was.
Today I saw shy and excited Bella entering her classroom for the first time. She has excitedly been asking every morning if today is a "scool" day, and was so sweet and shy meeting her teachers. She peaked around the classroom tentatively touching toys and learning tools that last year were out of reach. By the end of our time; she happily made a necklace and said "bye" to her teachers. Bella Baby, you are going to do big things.
Norah was the essence of Kindergarten today. She has had a hard time falling asleep the past few nights and last night I pulled out an old "friend" to help - a heart drawn on each hand. She is so much a big girl and still so much a little girl. She took her time going around the classroom and was excited to see some of the same learning tools, but some new ones too. She quickly got to work putting pegs in an art board - so confidant and sure of herself. My baby is all too soon growing up...my heart aches for that day 5 years ago when she was placed in my arms for the first time and all of this was so far away; but my heart beats with excitement even more for all the new adventures and happy times ahead. Norah my love, you are going to do big things.
I am so proud of you girls; this week will be tough for all of us, but it is the start of many, many great things. I love you both so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment