Friday, November 23, 2012

Giving Thanks

We have so much to be thankful for in our lives.  It is Thanksgiving, and it is a wonderful time to reflect and remember all those reasons to give thanks.  There are so many words I want to write, and it's hard to format them and get them onto paper. 
I am thankful for the smiles on our kids faces when we come home.  I am thankful for their helping hands.  I am thankful for the love I see in them, especially when they are kind and loving to each other.  I am thankful for the millions of hugs and kisses we get and give weekly.  I am thankful for bubble baths, sweet smelling children, and bedtime stories.  I am thankful for their love and adoration of God.  I am thankful for the kindness in their hearts for those less fortunate.  I am thankful for their love and yearning for family.  I am thankful for their desire to learn.  I am thankful for the excitement of anything new in their eyes.  I am thankful for their imaginations.  I am thankful for their forgiveness when I make mistakes.  I am thankful for their artwork and creative minds.  I am thankful for the sound of their gentle breath when they sleep and their beating hearts.  I am thankful for May 8, October 17, and April 18; the days of their births.  I am thankful I get to be their mom.
I am thankful for Brian.  I am thankful he loves me for who I am.  I am thankful for his strong arms and gentle hands.  I am thankful for his job.  I am thankful for the love I see in his eyes for our children.  I am thankful he takes time to play with the kids.  I am thankful for the years we have had together, and the good and bad times we've experienced.  I am thankful for his desire to take care of our family.  I am thankful for his mind and that we have intelligent conversations.  I am thankful for the laughter he brings to our home.  I am thankful for the kindness he has for others.  I am thankful for the immense joy of Christmas he brings to our lives.  I am thankful for his love and belief in God.  I am thankful for all he provides for us.  I am thankful for the way he knows exactly how I like my coffee.  I am thankful for every memory with him.
I am thankful for both our families.  I am thankful for our parents and the love they share.  I am thankful for our siblings and their families.  I am thankful for the copious amounts of love our families have.  I am thankful for the drama, for it shows our devotion to each other.  I am thankful for the laughter and tears.  I am thankful that I will never feel alone in this world because of them.  I am thankful for the love they have for our children, and that they will never feel alone because of them.
I am thankful to God that he has blessed us with so much.  I am thankful that I can see all that we have, even when it seems we don't have much.  I am thankful for my job, and for the ability to stay at home.  I am thankful for all the joy that surrounds us. I am thankful for our home.  I am thankful for friends.  I am thankful for friends who have become like family.  I am thankful there is more good than bad in the world.  I am thankful for all of this and more.  Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: