Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fariy Tales, Tea Parties, and Whispering Trees

The dress up bin made it's way open this week and the girls played for hours putting on different dresses and costumes.  The final pics - a purple sparkly dress and a green fairy dress...fairy tales await.

The temptation of sequins - tiny 5 year old hands

Bella and I had "Bella and Mommy time" and ran errands the afternoon they played dress-up.  Frequent shoppers commented on how cute Bella looked and they thought she made a cute princess...to which Bella told me "I'm not a princess, I'm playing dress up"!  She cracks me up with the things she says and how independently minded she is.

We also had an American Girl Doll tea party with our cousin and friend.  The kids had a great time and loved drinking "tea".  William joined in the fun and drank his tea with all the pretty ladies.


One year old feet - adorable
This weekend we made our way to Tower Grove park for the farmer's market.  Sadly, we were too late - we took our time enjoying the beautiful morning weather and had breakfast outside.  While walking through the park, we stumbled upon Weeping Willows - magical trees in their own sense.  The kids haven't seen one for a long time - if ever- so we took our time whispering through the branches and playing in the swaying leaves.  


I love the ages of the kids...still able to see the magic in the world and also able to rationalize their own thoughts and comments.  Can you see what I see - the sparkle in their eyes and the wonder that lives there? 




No comments: