Monday, June 4, 2012

Art and Air Fair - 2012

We had a wonderfully art-filled, friend-filled, loving-summer-filled weekend.  One of our closest friends came in this weekend and the kids were thrilled to get to spend time with "Uncle Derek".  My favorite quote from Bella "When I wake up, can I go snuggle with Uncle Derek?" They love having family here for sleep-overs; and really, who doesn't love sleep-overs?!


You might notice the recycle tattoo on Bella's leg - a hard won prise from the Webster Groves farmer's market.  We searched and searched for the magic turtle and found him hiding in a wonderfully delicious place - a chocolate stand!  We hurried home with all our treasures and quickly put the tattoo's on arms and legs....

We went to one of our favorite summer fairs this weekend - the Art and Air Fair in Webster Groves - with good friends.  It's filled with all kinds of artist booths, food trucks, foodie booths, and our all time favorite - kid art booths.  This year, they had everything from free-for-all painting, straw painting, pottery wheel, and many, many more.  We enjoyed walking around the fair peeking at photographs and paintings, jewelery and fabric arts.  We spent most of our time at the kid's area - time well spent! 





Norah picked out her first piece of artwork this year - exciting to see your children develop their sense of appreciation for art. 

"Happy Butterfly"....or as Norah described it on the way home "Happy Birthday Butterfly".  It found a place to rest on the girl's bedroom wall - Bella approved.



 Enjoying the view from Daddy's shoulders


Bella was so timid and shy to work at the pottery wheel.  Having Norah go first helped and of course, having Mommy at her side was helpful too :) 

I know how lucky I am to be able to stay at home with the kids and even though there are days where it is very hard - most of the days are fantastic.  I get to see the smiles, I get all the snuggles, I get to put band-aids on the boo-boos, I get to see them grow into who they are each and every day...bliss.

No comments: