Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Family Christmas

 We've had a few snowfalls already this Winter, much to the kid's excitement!  Some snowfalls have only been good for running and playing while others enabled us to build the first Snowman of the season - coal eyes, carrot nose, banana mouth, windmill arms, a scarf, and topped off with a cozy hat! 




It took a while for me to "feel the season" this year.  I had to quiet myself and not run around chasing things that ultimately aren't important.  We were able to spend a lot of quality family time together - our family of five, and extended families - we are so blessed.  I'm always in awe of the kids' love for each other.  Yes, there are fights and disagreements, but they are so short lived.  I'm not sure how long the outpouring of love and affection will last for them towards each other; but I am hopeful it last a long time.  I know I'm more emotional this year, with sweet Rose inside, but it brings tears to my eyes to see their love for each other.  They care deeply if the others are hurting and try to help ease away any pain.  These three, they melt my heart.




Christmas was magical, as it has been since we had kids.  They excitedly ran out on Christmas morning to see if Santa came - joyous squeaks of "yes, he came, he came!!" rang to us.  We had to hold them all back this year while we got the camera and camcorder ready!  It was a mad rush of unwrapping but happy smiles all around.  Favorite items that were repeatedly asked for were received (scooter for William, and roller skates for both the girls); excitement of unexpected gifts was heard all morning.  As always, a favorite for everyone was fruit in the stocking - a tradition passed down from previous generations.

We spent Christmas Eve at home with my side of the family; those who were able to make it in for Christmas (we also celebrated after Christmas with additional family :)) and on Christmas Day with Brian's side of the family.  I'm not sure what the kids enjoyed more; the gifts or spending time with cousins, grandparents, and aunts and uncles....












So thankful for the beauty of life that surrounds us.  We have truly been blessed and I try to see the blessings in each day.  2013 was a very good year for our family; we look forward to more love joining our family in 2014. 

No comments: