We had three - yes three- birthday parties to celebrate Bella's 4th year around the sun. We celebrated with my family while Mimi and Papa were in town, with the 5 of us on her actual birthday, and with Brian's family during the October birthday bash. Two of the three had a beach theme- complete with a sandcastle cake, hula girls, and lai's all around.
I love birthdays, they are an amazing day that we celebrate, for what could be better than celebrating someone you love...a party build around the fact they were born and continue to live a beautiful life on this earth. I will admit - I LOVE my birthday, but after I became a mom, I realized something even better and more fun than celebrating my own birthday - celebrating our children's birthdays. We eagerly countdown from months out, than weeks, and finally days...we have balloons, birthday cards, birthday phone calls, all the cake and confetti we can fit in one (or three) day. Life is an incredible gift we have been given and it is something that should be celebrated.
Our sweet Isabella, you are a vivacious 4 year old. You have a fantastic contagious laughter that comes from way down deep in your belly. You amaze us with not only your ability to think of surprisingly not-toddler questions and answers but also with your ability to respond in the blink of an eye when presented an odd question. Your teacher described you as "your own individual" and "someone who knows exactly what she wants"...this is true my love. You are amazing, and beautiful and I am so thankful for you. Happy Birthday my love.




No comments:
Post a Comment