Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gardens, Trains, and Chicago-oh my!

This week Brian, the girls and I went to Schamburg, IL. I had to be on a job site, but it was so wonderful to have them there! They had a lot of fun, they went to Legoland and saw pretty cool sculptures made completly of Legos! They also went to a few parks, played basketball, and of course spent time at the mall!
Chicago in Legos
President Obama, Norah, and Bella
Bella playing Basketball!
Norah playing Basketball!

Last week, Mimi and I took Brad, Kiley, Spencer, Ashton, Norah, and Bella on a train ride to Washington, MO. We had a wonderful time-the kids did great on the train ride and had a lot of fun! We walked around town a little bit and had a delicious picnic near the train station, played, and then came back. It was a fantastic "DU" Destination Unknown with Mimi!
Norah, Spencer, Kiley, Bella, and Brad playing on the caboose! Spencer, Norah, and Kiley
Ashton, Brad, and Bella
Ashton, Spencer, Bella, Brad, Kiley, and Norah at the Kirkwood train station getting ready for the ride!

A few weekends ago, we planted our first garden. We planted lettuce, peas (which Bella thought were peas to eat and did so!), radishes, lavender, marigolds, parsley, and basil. The lettuce, radishes, and peas are starting to come up and the girls are so excited to see them when they do!

I dug the holes and they put "a few" seeds in each hole...we might have a lot of veggies!!


No comments: